Surveillance and law enforcement
- We do not participate nor co-operate with any kind of private or government surveillance or monitoring service. Note that Belgium does not have any equivalent to the US NSL (National Security Letter) and gag order, so we cannot be forced to do something without being allowed to disclose it.
- We do not co-operate with the NSA, we do not offer any authority shadow access to our Service.
- We also do not directly disclose any information about our users to law enforcement agencies from outside Belgium and it would be illegal for us to do so.
- Check our transparency report along with an up-to-date warrant canary.
What information do we collect?
- We collect IP addresses, message-ID's, sender and recipient addresses, subjects, browser versions, countries and timestamps.
- When registering, you will be asked to enter an external email address. We send your activation code to this address and use it to communicate with you in case you are unable to access your account.
- Incoming messages are automatically analysed by our anti-spam and anti-virus checking routines.
- We implement a local instance of Piwik, an open source analytics tool, on the commercial website only (home, registration and subscription pages included) and not within the application itself.
- When you pay by credit card we store some of its details.
- Team members have signed a confidentiality agreement to protect collected data.
Member conductThe information we collect from you may be used in any of the following ways:
- To perform technical checks;
- To fulfill legal requests;
- To deliver customer service
- To process payment transactions.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?No. We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information except when forced by Belgian law (see paragraph about Surveillance and law enforcement).
Data mining and profilingWe do not use Google Analytics trackers. We do not sell or give information about our users to any third parties. To make searching fast, we build an index of your messages, calendar, contacts and documents (this is a table, similar to those you might find at the end of a reference book). No information from this or any other activity is used to compile any kind of profile of our users.
Data retentionWe retain backups of deleted messages and documents for 45 days. This is for the purpose of restoring data in case of accidental deletion by users. After 45 days, data will be permanently deleted from all our systems.
General conditionsYou use the Service at your own risk. The service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis.
Priority support is only provided to paying account holders and is available via email and telephone.
The Service may, but has no obligation to, remove by its sole discretion, content which is illegal, offensive, threatening, libellous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or which violates any party's intellectual property or these Terms of Service.